Monday, February 13, 2012

Michelle Obama's plea for education

This is the video when Michelle Obama visited a London girls' school in her first official trip to the UK. Here she explained how important education is. She was born in an ordinary family. Both of her parents didn't attend university. Her father was suffering from severe health problem, and her mother was just a stay-at-home mom. Thus what lead her to the first lady was not wealth or social standing, but her wonderful family and her enthusiasm towards the education.


She loved studying and getting good scores. Furthermore she liked to be punctual and finishing her work perfectly. What drove her like this was her principle "being smart was cooler than anything in the world".


Honestly, this principle of hers deeply touched me. I have known being smart was good, but I have been thinking it was more important to make myself look better than studying hard. How much I wasted my time! After watching this video, I swore I would be more hungry to learn a lot of things.



No comments:

Post a Comment